-->

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My exciting new business venture!

Throughout my career I've been fortunate enough to meet and collaborate with some extremely talented individuals. Whether they be fellow Graphic Designers or Photographers or any other creative profession, the general consensus is usually the same: these people are just all around creative individuals in their everyday lives. I'll often meet a Photographer who has a killer wardrobe or an Interior Designer that just gets branding and identity; they don't just limit their creativity to their chosen career paths. I LOVE being a Graphic Designer, but there are also so many other design fields that I'm passionate about...one of which is FILM.


In the era before YouTube, my sisters and I would film skits on our dad's JVC VHS camcorder. I think it spawned off of us being total couch potato kids who were able to observe and pick up on production cues like dialogue overlaps and scene sequencing.

The idea of making films was revisited early this year with my younger sister, Saralyn, over some late night cocktails at my house. It was really just a silly string of shots from our iPhones that we added a Smashing Pumpkins song to (here it is, don't judge), but something about us working together to stage shots and edit the final "movie" was so much fun and just CLICKED. This led to us making me and Matt's engagement video which we played at our wedding reception.

Late summer rolled around and our good friends Tabi and Ryan were finally tying the knot after dating for nearly 5 years! We knew we had to fire up our film cameras (real ones this time) and document this momentous occasion. We did our due diligence and researched film styles for countless hours on top of enrolling in classes and workshops to learn how to (come close to) perfecting our craft...and so with one finally in the can, it is now my pleasure to introduce you to Blue Penny Films!


We couldn't have asked for a cuter couple to be the subjects of our fledgling film. Tabi and Ryan were married at a secluded winery in the rolling mountains of the Placerville area. Their ceremony site boasted gorgeous panoramic views which showed off an amazing sunset. We can't get over how fun and sweet these two are together, it made documenting the day that much easier.


To begin with Blue Penny Films will be focusing on weddings (I am a wedding fanatic afterall) in the San Francisco Bay Area, so if you or somebody you know will be getting hitched in the area make sure to send 'em our way! I'm so excited to be able to work with my sister and best friend on something that we are both truly passionate about, I can't wait to see what the future of our business holds!

Images from Blue Penny Films on Instagram // Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Vimeo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...