-->

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Our Woodsy Greenhouse Garden Wedding!!

Today I'm super excited to be able to share my wedding photos with you guys! It already seems like so long ago; I've already been getting super comfy with my wife status and name change {it's "Kutsuris" now if you're curious}, it's hard to believe it's been just a little over two months now of being a married lady.


I think I slept for about 4 hours the night before. I'd like to say it was from the sheer anticipation of the day to come but in reality a DIY disaster resulted in me staying up 'til midnight trying to fix. I'm just gonna say this: florists really know what they're doing. What was once in my head of a big bouquet of ranunculus, ferns and succulents instead resulted in last minute Safeway lilies and carnations. Damn you Blogosphere for making me believe I'm capable of Doing It Myself.


That disaster aside, I was so happy to be marrying my best friend that day. The whole day really seemed so surreal.


We were married at the Berkeley Botanical Gardens in this grove of huge Redwoods. It really was such a magical experience; walking down the aisle and seeing Matt for the first time took my breath away.

Processional: The Black Keys, The Lengths
Bridal Walk: Fiona Apple, Across the Universe
Recessional: Electric Light Orchestra, Mr. Blue Sky


Yes, I cried reciting my vows. It was beautiful.


Matt's Best Man, Komron, is hella juiced.


Lol, this picture. "Act like you're excited to see his ring!"


Our reception took place in the Garden's conference room which was converted from a greenhouse. This means succulent guest favors were a must. Being a Graphic Designer and all, I of course had to make all the signage, posters and decorations which tied in from the theme of our wedding invitations. HUGE thanks to my crafty Bridesmaids and surprisingly willing husband for slaving over crepe paper and scissors for countless hours.


I don't think it was until I got to the reception that I actually started enjoying myself. Having to run around and coordinate across the HUGE 34 acre garden was no easy feat {there were a few annoying times when VIPs got lost in the Gardens}, so once we got to stay in once place and have a drink or two, fun times were had.


I put together a photo slideshow that showed pictures of me and Matt from babies to present day. It made my mom cry. That's what I was goin' for. The slideshow was followed by a video Saralyn and I had made using our iPhones during the engagement shoot. It's amazing the things you can do on your phone! It's kind of led to this new obsession, we can't stop filming now. You can watch the slideshow and video below if you like!




Our first dance was to Norah Jones The Nearness of You

I loved seeing all of our guests with our temporary tattoos! It was so special to see even my granduncle sporting one!


Apparently when one smashes cake in their new spouse's face it's gotta be in their whole face.


The day was seriously a whirlwind that spit us out and resulted in us passing out in our hotel room at like 9pm {we stayed at the always classy Claremont...oh, and there was a high school prom there that night. Way to steal my thunder 18-year old girls in low cut gowns}. A honeymoon was a MUST the next day, thank you to our guests for contributing to our Honeyfund and making Maui a reality for us!


I'm so lucky, I get to spend the rest of my life with this guy. XOXO

Photography: D. Lillian Photography & some shots from Matt's Aunt and various guests // Venue: Berkeley Botanical Gardens // Florals: Blooms By the Box & Oakland Flower Market // Matt's suit: Express // Victoria's gown: David's Bridal // Bridesmaid dresses: J.Crew // Bridal party hair: Not Too Shabby // Officiant: Heartfelt Weddings // DJ: California Disc Jockey // Reception decor: Victory Paper Designs // Cupcakes: Taste of Denmark & cake by MOB // Cake topper: Better Off Wed // Guestbook: Three Trees Bindery // Thank You postcard: Victory Paper Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...