-->

Friday, August 10, 2012

Breakfast at Victory's No. 8 >> Protein berry smoothie

In preparation for wedding dress shopping {yay!!} I've been trying to lose a few vanity pounds. I've been running, doing yoga, and every other day replacing a meal with a protein smoothie. I have to say, these things are truly yummy and are comparable to a Jamba Juice Protein Berry Workout {which just happens to be my go-to Jamba drink}.

I picked up some vanilla bean flavored protein powder from GNC which adds some sweetness to the drink and keeps me full. Of course you can always skip the powder and maybe add some extra fruit for equal thickness. I've been loading this smoothie into a to-go cup in the morning {which lately has already been 80+ degrees by then!} for a quick and refreshing breakfast.


Ingredients:
Vanilla soy milk
Frozen mixed berries
Vanilla bean protein powder

In a blender, combine 10 oz of soymilk, one 24 gram scoop of protein powder {the powder will usually come with a little pre-measured scoop inside} and roughly two handfulls of frozen mixed berries {my package from the grocery store had strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. The berries being frozen makes it so that you don't have to add ice}. Hit blend until smooth. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...