-->

Friday, July 27, 2012

Breakfast at Victory's No. 6 >> Apple Lemon with Cinnamon Muffins



While I was in school, I used to work as a barista at Starbucks {I can make the best cappuccino in town}. My favorite way to start a morning shift was with a short white mocha and first dibs on the pastry case. Having that morning routine for four years made it hard to wean myself off of morning pastries, but my wallet insisted that I cease and desist. These apple lemon muffins brought me right back to those coffee house mornings, their sweet apple cinnamon and crumbly exterior begging to be served with a hot cup of joe.



Recipe via Safeway.com
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
10 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup milk
1 large Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and chopped
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups. {I used cupcake wrappers}

In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk. Mix the creamed ingredients into the flour mixture until evenly moist. Fold in the apples. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.

Mix the 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the tops of the muffin batter.
Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 1 to 2 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...