-->

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Historically charmed

Last weekend I visited a historical park in our new hometown of Dublin. The attraction held a barn, schoolhouse and graveyard from the turn of the century when settlers from Ireland first established the town {a grade-school field trip was visiting as well, and I awkwardly couldn't pass through the group's tour guide's lecture and got an earful}. There was such quality and craftsmanship put into pieces back then; I've had Ikea furniture that's already turned into dust in the last 5 years...you get you pay for, right? It fills me with inspirations of faded hues, intricate details, and charming brass finishes that hearken the times of yesteryear.


01. // 02. // 03. // 04. // 05.


2 comments:

  1. I'm not usually big on purple, but those purple-upholstered chairs are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...