-->

Monday, November 14, 2011

Grilled cheese @ The Melt

Lately I've been reimagining the grilled cheese sandwich. I used to love the simple American cheese slice between two slices of bread as a kid, but as an adult I've been feeling inspired to find ways to update the classic cheesy sandwich. A couple months ago, I played around with throwing together a blend of cheddar and provolone with slices of ham and pear, and drenched it in butter and garlic. I must admit, it was surprisingly tasty, especially with the pear softening up over the stove and being covered in melty cheese.

So you can imagine my delight when last week on my lunch break I strolled around the corner from my office to discover a new restaurant called The Melt, whose menu consists primarily of gourmet grilled cheese and soups. I got the Parisian combo which consists of brie with apple butter grilled on white wheat bread with tomato and bacon added and a side of wild mushroom soup. It's a heavenly little combo made all the more desireable by their cute decor of white subway tiles with industrial metal stools and pops of orange and Rockwell font used throughout.

It's pretty much my new favorite place which I've already visited twice since Thursday; and now my lunch breaks are about to become a little more tempting.


Top: SF Eater // Bottom: The Parisian Combo from The Melt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...