-->

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

In the Creative Suite: Leah Bergman

Freutcake is one of my favorite daily reads. Written by the talented Leah Bergman, Leah combines graphic design with style, decor, and food to make for one well-rounded magazine-esque read. Her style is sophisticated as is her palette; she'll always share a unique recipe idea that thinks outside the box like rustic fig tarts or red wine and raspberry sorbet, all of which she photographs crisply in sheer editorial fashion.



1. tumblr // 2. Freutcake business cards designed by Leah // 3. Wedding invitations by Leah // 4. Andreas Neophytou // 5. Freutcake.com // 6. Alexander Calder exhibit at OCMA // 7. Tad Carpenter quote via Pinterest

Name: Leah Bergman
Occupation: Graphic Designer and founder of Freutcake Design Studio & Blog

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I have always wanted to be an artist, even as a little girl. In High School I made a solemn vow to never become like my crazy art teacher who smelled like spray paint and patchouli, so I choose graphic design. I think it was a good choice.

2. What would you classify your design style as? 
Clean and contemporary with a bit of whimsy.

3. What is your most favorite project you've worked on?
Hmm, I love what I do so choosing just one project is like deciding between pie and cupcakes; it’s just too tough to choose! But of my recent work I especially loved designing the invitations for my best friend’s beach inspired wedding. It’s always fun to work on a project that is so personal and close to the heart.

4. Who is your current designer obsession?
I am obsessed with the work of Andreas Neophytou, Art Director at Six Creative in London. He is a creative genius and his branding is remarkable!

5. Where would you like to see your business in 5 years?
I would love to see my design studio growing to include other creative designers who have a similar passion and design esthetic. I also hope to grow my blog to offer a broader range of inspiration for my readers.

6. What do you love to do on a day off?
As a freelancer I never seem to truly have a “day off” but when I have a moment of free time I love spending it in the kitchen baking, trying new restaurants with my husband Jason and going to art museums. Yes, we love museums! Kind of nerdy but it is one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday! The most recent exhibit we visited was the Alexander Calder exhibit at OCMA in the beginning of September. I guess I try to fill my free time with the things I am passionate about, art and food. I would say that’s a good way to live your life.

7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you call home? 
Ready for the cheese? My home is wherever Jason and I make it. We both have a bit of adventure in our hearts and hope that one-day that will find us abroad; maybe in Europe, Seattle or New York…one can only hope!

Thanks Leah! Check out Freutcake here!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me Victoria! I love being "In the Creative Suite" with you today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...